Mushroom omelet with Green Chile and Cumin seeds




Fear I believe is an elusive emotion. The fear of unknown is intangible yet has the power of crushing ones spirit indefinitely. Being bold, talking a risk and venturing in to an unknown territory is not something I take up. I run a mile when confronted with anything I am not comfortable with or bold enough to take on. 

Along came the little guy and I found myself teaching him “Don’t let fear overtake you" and was personally avoiding all sorts of things because of my own irrational fear. 

There comes a point in parenthood when you have to actually walk the talk. So, I tried.
I tried in my own naive way to be bold and take risks. The beginning was always hard, but if we keep at it, things get better along the way and we gain the courage. It’s the first step that's the hardest. One should be bold enough to just take that one tiny first step and everything else falls in place almost serendipitously.

Eventually it feels good to let go of the fear, rigidness and feel free. 

Cooking with bold flavors can also be very invigorating. 

Mushroom omelet with Green chilies and Cumin 

Ingredients 

1/4 tsp cumin seeds 

1 tablespoon finely chopped green chile 

2 eggs 

1 tablespoon Milk 

1/4 tsp of black pepper powder 

1 cup of chopped mushrooms 

Salt 

Olive oil 


1.     Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil 

2.     Once the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and green chile

3.     Reduce the heat to medium and let the cumin and green Chile roast for about 30 seconds. 

4.     Add the mushrooms and black pepper

5.     Stir everything together and let it cook for about a minute 

6.     Beat two eggs in a bowl, add the milk, salt and whisk them together 

7.     Add the beaten eggs to the pan with mushrooms, green Chile and cumin. 

8.     let it cook and the omelet is done. 

Comments

Popular Posts